Sunday, August 28, 2011

I've Got a Bad Feeling About This: Kinect Star Wars and XBox 360 Delayed into 2012

 
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.









If you're like me, you have mixed feelings about Star Wars.  Growing up watching the original trilogy on VHS, they were the coolest movies around.  Somewhere around 1999, Star Wars lost a bit of its shine.  While I am still a Star Wars fan, I don't have much affinity for the prequels, and have gone out of my way to not watch the animated Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network. Not the series by the Samurai Jack guy, the CG one that's made for babies.

ANYWAY, part of the Kinect line-up for this fall was supposed to include Kinect Star Wars. A game that has looked anywhere from downright broken, to only slightly terrible.  As part of the release of Kinect Star Wars, Microsoft announced a R2-D2 Xbox 360 Kinect bundle, that seems pretty badass.  Well, now you have a little while longer to save your space bucks, because the game and system have been pushed back into early 2012.

Here is the official word, straight from Mr. Microsoft's mouth: "Microsoft and LucasArts have elected to move the launch of Kinect Star Wars beyond holiday 2011 to ensure the full potential of this title is realized. This move applies to both the Kinect Star Wars stand-alone game and the Kinect Star Wars Limited Edition Console. We will communicate additional timing information at a later date."



1 comment:

  1. I have a perfectly functional 360 (the new model, too) yet I NEED THE R2D2 MODEL.

    ReplyDelete