Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nostalgia Dirigible: Your Favorite Classic Nintendo Ads


I believe I can fly...
I recently asked our friends what classic gaming commercials they remembered most from childhood.  I got a lot of great answers, and links to ads that I forgot I loved. Oddly enough, all of the responses were about Nintendo games, which goes to show how dominant Nintendo was in the 90s.  Honestly, when's the last time a Nintendo commercial stuck in your mind?


 

First up, is a game that was a total shock when most of us saw it for the first time: Super Smash Brothers for the N64.  Seeing the iconic Nintendo characters beating each other senseless was a sight to behold, and the series has become one of Nintendo's biggest sellers.

 

This is another Nintendo64 game with an amazing commercial.  Parodying the Snuggle laundry detergent commercials of the late 90s, BattleTanx had one of the best ad campaigns I can remember.



Finally, we have an ad for Dr. Mario from the early 90s.  I would imagine most of the reason that this commercial is remembered so well is due to the music. As TJ Turner pointed out :"Remember the mario commercial? Oo ee oo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang...and then he shrunk my head!"




Christopher Linendoll invites you all aboard the dirigible. He can be reached via Twitter, or found in the hummus section of your local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment