Saturday, September 24, 2011

Update on Batman: Arkham City Exclusive Skins



In a few weeks, I'll be reviewing Batman: Arkham City.  If you've followed the press for the game, you might have seen all the retailer-specific skins that will be available.  I, myself, am incredibly partial to the Batman: The Animated Series skin, which is exclusive to GameStop pre-orders.  In addition to skins for Batman, Robin will be getting his own variant skins, for use in the combat challenges.

I am pretty opposed to retailer-specific DLC, and I already have Amazon Prime, so I resigned myself to just not getting that Animated Series skin that looks so badass.  But while browsing release dates, I came across some good news.  According to a Rocksteady representative, all of the skins will eventually become DLC available to everyone, regardless of where they bought Arkham City from.  I couldn't have been happier. The less money I have to spend at GameStop, the better.

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome. retailer exclusive dlc is a pain in the ass, but it's nice that it's only a timed-exclusive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the batman beyond skin is pretty kickass, too!

    ReplyDelete