Tuesday, April 3, 2012

KGB Radio Episode 26: We'll Do It LIVE!


Join us for our first KGB Radio LIVEcast! Which, in this case, means we recorded it all together in the same room. It's just like being there! Rock, Chris, Pat, and Zack discuss Sine Mora, playing Deus Ex wrong, taking the Journey, THQ layoffs, and offer some unsolicited advice for Yahoo! Answers users.


Subscribe to us on iTunes. We'd love to see some new ratings and reviews as well!  Our contest with Eben07.com ends this week! Get those reviews in on iTunes! One lucky winner will be named on our PAX East livecast!



DOWNLOAD THE SHOW HERE!




I'd hit that.....




Hey check out my new "portable" system, guys.....




Sine Mora Launch Trailer:



This Dropkick Murphys song is about Boston. And being Irish. Like all the other ones.


Here are links to some things mentioned on the show

Slowly, Carefully, Back Away: I Am Alive Review
The Unintended Horror of Beautiful Katamari
Hands On First Impressions: Sine Mora

 Burning Question For Answer: So Hot! 

What book/movie/TV series would you like to see made into a game?

Do you have a question you'd like us to read on the show?  If so, write us at knowngriefers@gmail.com
We will read anything you send us.




 Rock and all the staff hope to see you at PAX East!








 http://ia601207.us.archive.org/12/items/KgbRadioEpisode26/KgbRadioEpisode26.mp3

 

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I had to amplify a lot of it, but quality-wise I think it turned out great!

      Delete
    2. Your damn Terrier-ist comment got me really good, too!

      Delete
    3. Haha yeah, when I got to that part it brought a smile to my face.

      Delete
    4. Really hoping you can be on the show at some point during PAX. Doing the live cast was insanely fun!

      Delete
    5. Saturday is looking pretty good... I should be able to make it for that.

      Delete
  2. I'm digging the live-recorded podcast! The dynamic with all of you in the same room is fantastic and 27% more funny.

    As for my answer to the Burning Question For Answer, my immediate thought is not an original one. I quite enjoy H. P. Lovecraft's work (for what it's worth, it is best appreciated on a meta-literary level; it's kind of horrendous to actually read--which is also why he's so great), and when someone brought to my attention the idea of approaching that mythos (the city of Arkham and its surrounding areas, the creep of hysteria, madness and dread, the cosmic indifference of the Elder Gods, etc.) with the engine of L. A. Noire made me a little hard.

    Other than that, I'd love to see a good detective/action adaptation of Richard Stark's Parker books, recently graphic novelized by Darwyn Cook (two have been adapted so far: The Hunter and The Outfit--The Score is to be published in May). His visual style would actually translate pretty well to a polygonal aesthetic and the stories are engaging, complex, and brutal enough to make for a great series of games.

    -D.

    P.S. Rock sucks for hating on I Am Alive. Having not yet played Mass Effect 3, I Am Alive is currently my game of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad you're liking to new format, Dan! With some minor tweaks, I think we'll still be able to have mumble guests on, too, which I think is a great plus!

      Have you ever played "Call of Cthulu"? I heard that was a pretty great adaptation of Lovecraft's work.

      I don't hate you for your I Am Alive comments, Dan. The game is getting review scores that are all over the place. It seems to be a genuinely divisive game. I do wish that game had had more time in the oven to become less of a half-baked, shitty mess.

      Delete
    2. Shadow of the Comet is supposed to be a good Lovecraftian point-and-click adventure game. The Call of Cthulu game is "Dark Corners of the Earth"... which I've always wanted to play, but never had a chance to.

      Delete
    3. Glad you enjoyed the live format. Hopefully, we can continue to tweak it, and improve the show.

      Delete
  3. I want to see Oceans Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen as video games. I imagine them as Hitman with less combat and more dialogue wheels. Just think about it: you have to quick-talk with people that you are running a con on, you have to use disguises, and you have to travel the world. It would be okay to kinda-good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've never seen those movies. They seemed pretty interesting but I just never got around to them

      Delete
    2. This sounds like everything I wanted Alpha Protocol was.

      Delete
  4. Chris, I completely agree. Alpha Protocol sucked, but the premise was amazing.
    Rock, you should actually watch those movies. I think they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete