Tuesday, February 28, 2012

KGB Radio Episode 22: RAGE!


Tonight Rock, Chris, and Pat get passionate about outer space, Mass Effect 3 DLC, and Idle Thumbs.



Until further notice, our streaming player is officially not working anymore.  It's out of our hands, but we'll bring it back as soon as it's fixed.  In the meantime, subscribe to us on iTunes. We'd love to see some new ratings and reviews as well!  Thanks! 

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW HERE!


You owe it to yourself to try this game!



Where are my fucking french fries?!


Here are links to some things mentioned on the show

Hands On First Impressions: Syndicate
KGB Interview: Patrick Klepek of Giant Bomb



Burning Question For Answer: So Hot!

What game do you most associate with birthday memories? Answer in the comments!

Do you have a question you'd like us to read on the show?  If so, write us at knowngriefers@gmail.com
We will read anything you send us.






  
Rock dearly wants to be a space man...

 







http://ia600802.us.archive.org/9/items/KgbRadioEpisode22/KgbRadioEpisode22.mp3

6 comments:

  1. Birthday gaming memories.....hard to place. What most sticks to mind are two games.

    Mechwarrior 2, which blew me away with just the sheer depth, I still think it's unmatched.

    And Dungeon Keeper, a game so unique it took almost a decade till someone ripped off the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main birthday gaming memory that I have involves buying lottery tickets at 7-eleven for my 18th birthday and going to a lan party to play Call of Duty 2. It wasn't an eventful birthday gaming session, but it was nice to have a lan party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With regards to the whole Mass Effect 3 day one DLC-thing, if we can accept that EA's ultimate goal is to make gamers pay for extra content, then I see this upcoming DLC as a big faux pas for reasons we may not have considered. I argue that it's actually a deal for people that didn't buy the Collector's Edition, especially if promised DLC was a part of the package's selling point because, for gameplay content, Collector's Edition purchasers are basically being charged $20 for this. When you total up the cost of actual playable content, Collector's Edition purchasers payed $80 that everyone else will pay a mere $70 for. Content is only free if you don't spend more money, at least that's how I define the word, and I believe the Collector's Edition may be a rip-off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your point, however the Collector's Edition has far more incentives than just this DLC.

      Delete
    2. I argue that buying any Collector's Edition is little more than an XBox achievement IRL. An extra $20 for a patch, a teeny-tiny art book and other swag they'd give out at a premier party? No thanks. I'm admittedly biased, swayed when I bought the Oblivion Collector's Edition for $17 at Toys R US last year and was underwhelmed by the useless paperback "book", a big old paper map, a 30 minute DVD, and a coin with no monetary value. We're all buying the game for the game itself, so why not save money in the process. Although, you'd look real good in that patch, Chris.

      In other news, do we know if they're going to be instituting the Cerebus network again, or is that gone in order to pilfer as much money as possible from this vibrant economy?

      Delete
    3. I certainly agree that Collector's editions are usually not worth the extra price, and I usually don't buy them. I think the last one I bought was Icewind Dale 2. Occasionally though, one comes up that really sells me on it, and that's ME3. I still don't think it's a great value, it's just one that I'm willing to accept. As to what they're using for DLC, I have no idea. I haven't heard anything about the Cerberus network making a return.

      Delete